Code of Conduct
Deveron Canoe Club
(Reviewed April 2015)
It is the policy of Deveron Canoe Club that all paddlers, volunteers, coaches and parents show respect and understanding for each other and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Club. The aim is for paddlers to improve performance and have fun.
Everyone involved in the Club should abide by the Club Rules and Policies.
- Take care of all property belonging to the Club or Club members.
- Treat other Club members with respect at all times – on and off the water.
- Treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated yourself.
- Control tempers and avoid behaviour which may inconvenience or upset others.
- Co-operate and listen to your coach or Club officials.
Club Officials, Coaches and Volunteers
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of paddlers at all times as performance is being developed.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with other paddlers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and personal equipment.
- Follow SCA and Club guidelines and Policies.
- Hold the appropriate, up-dated qualifications and insurance.
- Encourage paddlers to value their performance.
- Never condone the use of prohibited substances.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, and encourage them to develop within their own ability.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy the sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Set a good example by applauding good performances of all paddlers.